Monday, May 9, 2005

"An invisable red thread...."

“An invisible red thread connects those destined to meet, regardless of time, place, or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle, but it will never break.” - Chinese Proverb

I had started this journal about 2 weeks ago and lost it in the saving process. Here is what I remembered typing before.

April 19th 2005: We attended an informational meeting at AAI in Jenison to learn more about international adoption. There wasn't too much new info, but for Wayne it went well. They had a family speak that had recently adopted from China and thru their special waiting child program. This is the same program that we are using to adopt LuYin. I can't remember the date of the first time that I saw her picture, but I remember getting her medical info and pictures in the mail. It was so exciting!! I knew from that point that we needed to add her to our family. With all of the experience we have with Anna and her hearing loss, I knew that I could handle having a child with aural atresia/microtia. In another post I will explain what both those conditions are. Until then, here is a website that explains it a bit better than I can. http://www.emedicine.com/ent/topic141.htm

May 2nd, 2005: We attend another meeting. This time it's for adoption awareness. Once again, there was little that I learned, but still good to meet other families. We are the only ones out of a total of 3 families at the meeting that are adopting a special needs child. I don't even think of LuYin as a special needs kid. So she's got a peanut ear, big deal. I've already got one kid in glasses, one kid in hearing aids that wants glasses and a dog with only 3 legs. :-) Yes, welcome to the Wagner family!! Wayne has been an amazing guy. He truly supports all of my adventures. I think he wanted another child more than he lets on. So, at the meeting, we listen to Michelle talk about all the risks associated with international adoption. I am the fearless one, nothing scares me!! I have faith in God that all this will work out. I just know it. I do believe in fate and there have been too many "signs" to ignore. We are a bit hung up on what to name the baby. Her official name is Lu Yin Gui. I'd like to call her LuYin or MeiYin. We'll see.

May 6th, 2005: We went to West Shore Bank (downtown) and had 2 pieces of our application notarized. That was the last part of the puzzle. We headed to the post office and sent our the app (priority mail, of course) and it arrived in Jenison the very next day! Gotta love the USPS. Now we wait to hear from Michelle or Mary or another of the caseworkers to determine when we can start our homestudy.

May 9th, 2005: Wayne and I went to Walgreens and had our passport photos taken. Mine looks rather like LuYin's referrel picture. Like a mugshot. Wayne like always, took a great picture. What a snot. We also faxed Michelle a sheet with more of our info for the application. I'd like to get the homestudy moving.

No comments: