Thursday, March 2, 2006

A little update

Sorry that I haven’t updated in a while, but...Life is BUSY with 3 kids!

As you can see, I posted pictures of Julia and Cameron in their Chinese outfits. Wayne and I did a presentation to Cam’s class (Mrs. Anderson’s 2nd grade) and to Anna’s (Mrs. Stenzel’s Kindergarten). We put our pictures together in a power point and the kids loved it! We added many facts and figures about how long it took us to travel to China. How many people there are living in China...that sort of thing. We did tell them the reason why we went. Most of the 2nd graders had good questions about China and the people. It was a lot of fun.

Julia hasn’t been feeling good lately, so our funny little "China Girl" as daddy calls her, has been grumpy. It’s a side of her we hadn’t seen since being in China. It can be frustrating, but we need to remember how hard this is on her yet. Cam and Anna have had colds and been sick too, so it hasn’t been a good month.

Anna’s birthday is tomorrow! She will be 6. Holy Cow! Where did the time go? I can hardly believe that she’s 6. I remember being very pregnant and finally going into labor on a Friday morning. I knew Doc Nelson would be out of town that night and I was bound and determined to have the baby before he left! Anna Elizabeth arrived on March 3, 2000 at 8:01pm. She weighted 8lbs 5oz and was 20 inches long. She had a full head of dark brown hair. Until Doc said that she was a girl, I was convinced that Anna was going to be a boy. Man, I was wrong!! She is a very girly girl. Loves to have her hair, make-up and nails done. She loves to wear pretty dresses and pretend she’s a princess. Anna’s hearing is still the same. She has moderate hearing loss in both ears. She will have to wear hearing aids forever. I think she’s ok with it. In fact, she loves seeing other kids with them. Anna has also become a great big sister. She likes to boss Julia around and help do stuff. :-)

Here is a link to an article that a friend of mine wrote. His name is Larry Baldwin and his wife Melissa and I have become "virtual twins". We met Larry and Melissa while in Guangzhou, China. They had recently adopted their daughter Maddie. I think I posted pictures of Julia and Maddie on the red couch at the White Swan. Anyways...Larry wrote this terrific article about adoption from the dad’s perspective. I thought it was a great way to end my post. I hope it makes some of you think about adoption a little more....

http://www.allprodad.com/9myadoption.asp

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Loved the article you attached to this message - so very true and enlightening. I plan to copy it and share it with the many co-workers I have who are considering having children. I too, also remember the day Anna was born! Waiting until 10:00pm to find out she arrived was no fun, but the joy of hearing she was a healthly little girl was worth the wait. She is a special little girl and I too can not believe she is turning six tomorrow (makes me want to cry). Thanks for taking the time to update us all and I'm glad your house didn't fall down:-) Love you!!!!!