Friday, February 8, 2008

What makes me a good mom, according to Anna

Anna is home today with "the diarrhea's". I'm busy with something else and I hear a faint cry from the bathroom. This is what takes place next:

Anna: Mommy! Moooommmyyy!! Mom? Mommy? Momma! Motherrrrrr!!!
Me: Yes? Are you ok? What's wrong? (As I come running from the other room!!)
Anna: I need help wiping my butt.
Me: You do? You sure you can't do it?
Anna: Mommy, I'm sick with the diarrhea's remember?
Me: How could I forget? (I get the toilet paper, start the terrible task at hand)
Anna: Momma, I love you for taking care of me when I'm sick. You're a good mom.
Me: I love you too. This is what moms do...we take care of our kids when they need us.
Anna: Mom, you're the best. I hope I can be a mom like you.
Me: I'm sure you will, kiddo. :-)

This is where we exchange hugs and wash our hands together. She then tells me that she likes the lemon scented soap that I got. It's from the Pass Christian Soap Company for Katrina relief. We dry our hands and she skips out of the bathroom and out to the couch.

5 comments:

Mom to 5...Daughter of the King said...

yup, that's what moms do!

Dawn said...

Yep, you are an AWESOME mom!!

Hope little Anna is feeling better today!!

Melissa said...

Tonni and Dawn,

As I was writing that post, I had bet myself that you two would be the first to comment. LOL! I really think that before you have kids (bio or adopted) you need to take a "Poop 101" class. :-)

Mom to 5...Daughter of the King said...

Absolutely! Among others....just as gross....cleaned up two major barfs today!!

Anonymous said...

I'm laughting Melissa, because you know I would have been barfing if it were me - or I would have popped her in the shower and hosed her down. Yes, it does a special person to be a good mommy, and your it!