Wednesday, March 5, 2008

I can make you thin...

How stupid is that? TLC (The Learning Channel) has a new show...some dude is going to help people lose weight. Shit. No one can DO IT FOR YOU. You have to want it, be committed and stick with it. Yeah. It's hard. It down right sucks sometimes. (Oh, I think I'm qualified to comment on this topic, btw.) I've never said I'm on a diet. Christ on a cracker, if you look at it that way, you'll be on a DIET TIL YOU DIE. I made a life style change. No snacks, No soda, More exercise. Now, I snack on ocassion, I drink sodas from time to time. You have to, to keep your sanity. But, for me...I had to do something radical. Just as an FYI, for those that are keeping track...I haven't lost anything since the last time I posted about my weight. LOL! Winter blahs and being sick has kept my sprirts low. I'm still upbeat and thrilled to be where I am now though. :-)

Off my soapbox.....

4 comments:

Mom to 5...Daughter of the King said...

I'm down 1.4 lb since monday!! Yeah me!!! That sloshing noise is all the water I am drinking....HeeHee

Melissa said...

Tonni!! That's AWESOME!! I'm so happy for you!! Wooot Woooot!

Anonymous said...

I saw that on the TV the other night and I had to laugh. Now if we could lose weight by watching a guy talk on TV wouldn't you think we would all be walking around skinny?!?! We would not be the most obese country and lack of exercise state.

I have learned that it is a lifestyle change, not a diet and I have started living!! Like you said make small changes and by far we are all not perfect with our snack or soda here and there or our trip to the China Buffet and walking out feeling so bloated that we say were going to workout for hours and hours the next day.

Melissa you rock with your weight loss and I'm glad were in the same boat to know what it feels like and have a friend support us when we want that snickers bar. I have lost over 56 lbs and put a few of them back on with my career change but I grabbed the bull by the horn and have taken over 5 back off. With being sick and all the freezing cold day's lately I have not seen such a great success on the scale but I'll keep plugging away at it. Maybe when the weather gets warmer we can run/walk together. I want to sign up for a 5K to accomplish a personal goal of mine and get the motivation I need to get me moving.

Melissa said...

Megan,

That's exactly my point. If losing weight was as easy as SITTING IN FRONT OF THE TV, um...I would have been a stick, a long time ago. I understand the point of support, my grandparents attend TOPS (Taking Off Pounds Sensibly)in Shelby. It's worked for them. Weight Watchers is huge again. However, I can't see where watching a dude talk is going to really help the millions of overweight Americans.

So about that 5K...not sure I'm to that distance! LOL! But, I'd love to walk sometime. :-) Oh yeah, heard you talked to my mom the other day. She had no idea that you were like my age. She figured you were like Theresa and Samantha's ages (24 & 23). Nice!