Monday, May 16, 2005

The starfish story

Yay!! Got the paperwork for the I-600! We also ordered our birth certificates and marriage certificate from VitalChek. Another YAY!! I'm trying to convince Samantha to come help we get the house ready for the homestudy. I'm not sure when MaryBeth will be coming to the house, but we need to get things in order. I'd like to have the visit before Memorial weekend, but I doubt that will happen. From what I can tell from AAI is a fairly busy agency. The more I visit online groups the more I see AAI families. :-) Crazy me is already thinking about doing this again for a baby boy. Cameron wants a baby brother. Wayne probably thinks I'm nuts. He probably thinks that I'm a nut already. Hahahaha!!! When you look at all the kids that are available, it breaks your heart. But the most important thing is that we are making the difference to a little girl that wouldn't have half the chance. Here is the story of the starfish.

There was a young man walking down a deserted beach just before dawn. In the distance he saw a frail old man. As he approached the old man, he saw him picking up stranded starfish and throwing them back into the sea. The young man gazed in wonder as the old man again and again threw the small starfish from the sand to the water. He asked, "Old man, why do you spend so much energy doing what seems to be a waste of time." The old man explained that the stranded starfish would die if left in the morning sun. "But there must be thousands of beaches and millions of starfish!" exclaimed the young man. "How can you make any difference?"
The old man looked at the small starfish in his hand and as he threw it to the safety of the sea, he said, "It makes a difference to this one!". Author unknown


I think this about sums it up for us as a family. I wish the world felt this way....

No comments: