Monday, July 25, 2005

We got the home study and the Packmates, What a day...What a day!!

So the most exciting news, is that we GOT OUR HOME STUDY!! Yes, ladies and gentlemen...it arrived. Well, it didn't arrive as much as we (Cameron and I) went to Grand Rapids to retrieve it. We met with Michelle this morning to go over our documents. There are some changes that need to be made. 3 of our documents don't have the correct wording on them and so that needed to be worked on. I sent all the paperwork needed to generate our I-171H. That lovely piece of paper states that we are OK'ed to adopt an orphan by the US government. Imagine that, the gub'ment let us have 2 biological kids but we still have to be checked out. I know why, just seems redundant. I finally feel like we are working on something again. The sitting around waiting is (was) driving me nuts. Waiting for travel approval will suck too, but I just want to be done with the freakin dossier and try to working getting the kids ready for school.

In other adoption news, we received our packmates. What are packmates you ask? The are like large Zip-Loc bags that you put clothes in and roll all the air out, and then they pack you clothes flat in your suitcase. I'm still thinking that we want to try to take most of our stuff in carry-ons. I need to get with Liz and Brion and see what they've been thinking about. I know they talked about taking their older kids. Liz and Brion are the other family who are adopting a little boy from the same orphanage as Julia. I don't know if they've chosen a American name for their son.

Ok...I need to take a little break. I'm super tired. Talk to you later!! :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah!!!! The month of July has seemed to be a little dull with adoption updates, so its good to hear that things are rolling! Can't wait to see you all in September and meet our new little one in December. Love you lots!