Sunday, July 31, 2005

We got it....We got it....the I-171H!!!!!

So....I headed out to get the mail as any other day. No big brown envelope, but a little white one containing the much sought after I-171H. YAY!!!!!! All we need to do is make a copy of it, and get it together with the rest of our adoption paperwork and take it to Lansing to get sealed!! I'd like to head to Lansing tomorrow, then get those documents off to Chicago to be authenticated. What's scary is that our address was printed on another couple's I-171H form. Yikes! What exactly is Homeland Security? :-)

I did some shopping to celebrate the arrival of our last form. I got Julia 2 new dress from Wal-mart. They were only $3.oo a piece so I couldn't pass that up. I also started to stock up on diapers, pull-ups, disposable bibs and wash clothes. It's super hard not to just buy everything! Auntie Cheryl, don't get any ideas!! :-)

Ok, I need to get in the shower. See ya!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know, its so very hard! I thought you and I could check things out during your vacation to Florida. She is also going to need some warm clothes for the Michigan winter that will be arriving when she comes home. Doesn't that sound great - she is coming HOME! Sorry I missed your call. Had an awful experience in the Bealls Shopping plaza. I avoided a car cutting through the lot and hit a lit pole - or course with Uncle Wendell's truck. Tried for hours to get hime to answer the phone (as he was outside working in the lawn) and finally called Brad who had just pulled inot our driveway. Thank god Brad was with him, as he took any possible nasty statements away from Wendell. Cops had to be called as we couldn't drive it home (all because of the tire), so we didn't get home until 8:30.

But all is well and I'm very happy about the paper work arriving. Love you lots!