Tuesday, December 11, 2007

2 years ago today....


We arrived home with Julia. We were also faced with the terrible news that Wayne's dad had passed away due to complications due to surgery. He never got to meet Julia. Grandpa George was an incredible man and I know how proud he was of Wayne for stepping outside the normal ways of adding to our family by choosing to adopt. Peach (our nickname for him) was always telling his friends about our upcoming trip to China. We had thought about postponing the the trip til after his surgery, but he insisted that we go as soon as we could. I have an email that Cindy sent me saying that Dad had seen our blog and that he thought Julia was too cute. In 2 years, I haven't been able to delete that email.


So today is a what I call a rollercoaster day. Extreme highs with the thought of Julia coming home and extreme lows when I think of losing Wayne's dad.

CHINESE SYMBOL FOR PEACE

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grandpa George will always be missed, but I know that he's looking down on Julia and smiling! On all of us!

Mom to 5...Daughter of the King said...

What bittersweet memories. Grandpa George was blessed to be so loved.

I just missed you in Guangzhou by a day or two!

Melissa said...

I'll never forget that...may we meet again for coffee someday and hopefully not have to travel to China to do it!